Insurance group that has been delivering a consistent double-digit growth for the past 15 years. Based in the City of London, the group has built a strong footprint in the European niche casualty / professional risks market. Fast-paced and highly meritocratic environment with exciting opportunities for ambitious professionals. The Group includes:
- IPR, an independent Lloyd’s broker
- Furness Underwriting, a MGA and Lloyd’s Coverholder
- CHP Legal, a loss adjusting firm
- Cleverest, an insurtech start-up
The Role: Requirements
- 2+ years full stack development experience using.NET frameworks 4.0+, MVC, SQL Server, HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience writing technical documentation writing, including source code documenting and OOAD skills using UML.
- Experience developing distributed systems, using web services (SOAP/REST).
- Experience of XML/XSLT and JSON.
- Experience of website localisation.
- Good understanding of http protocol and related issues for client-side development, including integrating with Ajax requests
- Experience developing responsive/mobile first user experiences.
- Experience with using the latest versions of Visual Studio.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008-2016.
- Windows 2012+ and IIS configuration.
- Experience using source control tools such as Github.
- Knowledge of accessibility issues and standards.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge and understanding of C#, and HTML page structure, coding standards and best practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of browser versions, bugs, compatibility and compliance issues.
- Knowledge and understanding issues of: site navigation, architecture and structure; user experience / usability; flexibility, scalability, accessibility; load balanced environments.
- Experience using React.js, Angular.js, Bootstrap etc advantageous.
- Experience of developing/extending CMS solutions, Umbraco/Sitefinity advantageous.
- Experience using Team City/Cruise Control.
- Any experience using VBA to produce complex Excel based forms, functionality and calculations (Excel 2010) would be beneficial.
- Experience integrating front end interactive technologies, video for instance.
- Must be fluent in Italian
- 2.1 or above in a computer science degree.
- Develop systems to the agreed specification, quality and schedule
- Contribute to the production of technical specifications for any given project, so they may be used as a development roadmap for the rest of the Team
- Ensure company and industry standards and best practices are maintained, and implemented
- Work closely with all members of the team to define functional requirements, use cases, architecture, as required
- Work closely with the project team and business to define non-functional requirements such as target platform, security, interactive elements and technical limitations on functionality, as required
- Estimation of time required to conform to agreed design and functional requirements
- Ensure industry best practices for coding, design patterns, reuse and documentation are employed
- Maintain the company’s Microsoft Excel based insurance product raters